25 tips on Business Processes & Systems in Modern Day Reality
1. Your system is built as you go and not as you like, or as and when you like.
2. Your systems and processes are not going to make your company money.
3. People are going to make you money.
4. If you have any disregard for your skeletal people who have formed the company's backbone during your initial struggle, then prepare for the consequences as such people are not fools they know their talents well and what they have contributed and to what extent...
5. Never underestimate an employee, at times they are smarter than the actual founders...
6. Further, this also explains the current global world-wide hunt for top talent for top positions in the company that is always going on and happening in the world in today's date.
7. In India, it is a trend to boss and make fool of people down ...
8. You can never think that you will first have clear well-defined systems and processes and then you will proceed.
9. Business does not work that way. Things become clear as you go.
10. If you wait for things to become clear, then opportunity is lost.
11. And the processes and systems you set today will become obsolete tomorrow as the business scenario is always constantly changing.
12. If you are setting a well defined role and responsibility and office timing for an employee, then also be prepared not to expect him / her to do anything beyond this role and don't even expect him/her to take your call or reply to any company message even one-minute beyond the working hours.
13. If you as a boss break this rule no. 12 above and get friendly/informal with the employee or assign any task beyond his / her role then, also expect him / her to become friendly/informal with you and expect compensation/favours for any work done beyond his / her role.
14. A venture capitalist or a big company can promise you anything.
15. There have been years that promised VC funding have not come till 2 - 3 years even after meeting the demands of these venture capitalists by changing and modifying the presentations, moulding the original ideas, etc.
16. Instead, these same brilliant people could have started small themselves and made it big. They ran and chased after big fundings that never did come and wasted their 2 - 3 years of precious time, money, effort and energy which they could have utilized it productively, elsewhere.
17. Lastly and the most important in your case, no matter how much you have studied Phd or double Phd, if you are adamant in accepting your mistakes, think that you know-it-all when you in fact, you don't know anything, then you are putting yours as well as all stakeholders / funders money at a great risk.
18. You are not accepting your past mistakes and constantly looking for ever new sources of fund even when you have no idea how you will repay your existing debt.
19. Till the time you will not accept your finance mistakes, you will not be ready to learn anything.
20. You shall remain a technocrat and never move up to be an entrepreneur.
21. No matter how many employees come and go from the company, the problem is with you, the root cause and the root problem is you, yourself. Not anyone else.
22. If you think person or an employee is small, done away with and hence can be disregarded for all that he/she have done, AND a funder/company client/venture capitalist is big and should be respected for all that they have promised but not done/performed yet, then you need to think again...
23. Many people don't have any valid business degree from any top B-school but they can put any B-school degree holder to shame with their tough experience...
24. Still I don't care how you take this post and what you learn from it. Because, sincerely I don't care, as in the business world I am your competitor too...
25. And not a dear friend :-)
All the best!